Physical Therapy for Neck Pain
Can Physical Therapy Help Neck Pain?
Physical Therapy is often used to treat neck pain! We have experience in treating from chronic neck pain to acute neck pain to post op recovery. Physical Therapy is the best option for treating neck pain!
What causes Neck Pain?
There are many different things that can contribute to neck pain. Some things that can contribute to neck pain include mechanical injuries like whiplash, muscle imbalances, arthritis, poor posture, and muscle strains. Often times the patient is unaware of what has caused their neck pain as it frequently seems to just get progressively worse over time. Your therapist will perform a thorough examination to determine the most likely cause of your neck pain and develop a plan of care to treat it.
What can I expect at my Physical Therapy appointments for Neck Pain?
We provide a unique and individualized plan of care for every patient, however there are a few things that are common for proper Physical Therapy for Neck Pain. Some things you may expect during your appointments include:
- Manual therapy techniques to reduce muscle guarding and pain, as well as increase mobility and joint Range of Motion.
- Targeted and specific exercises
- Training and education on proper movement patterns as well as posture
- Modalities as needed for pain control
- Home exercise program training